Welcome to Bridges Childcare
2 locations to
Contact us Today
High Quality Daycare
We believe that every child is unique and will grow at his or her own pace. Our teachers spend time nurturing children’s strengths and encouraging them to reach new heights.
Childcare rates are dependent on varying needs of families such as days required, discounts for siblings and ages. Please get in touch with us to book a tour and find out if Bridges Childcare and Learning Center is the right match for your family. We look forward to meeting with you!
What Parents say
We had our daughter in Bridges Childcare when she was 2 1/2 and I went back to work full time before having our second child. She loved it so much we kept her in childcare 1 day a week while I was on Maternity Leave. She loves going to "school" to see her friends, make a craft, participate in circle time or just play in the HUGE backyard! She will be in school in the fall and will no longer be at Bridges but I am happy to have a place that I can send my other daughter in the future. Bridges is a warm, friendly space for kids to learn and play and I would highly recommend anyone thinking of sending their children there.
My daughter is attending Bridges Childcare and Learning Center. I am very pleased with the way she has been welcomed, my daughter has had absolutely no emotional problems with me leaving her there, since the first day and this if her first time at daycare and being left with someone who is not family. I feel that the reason for this is because Corena makes her feel so welcomed and comfortable, and on top of that the daycare facility is phenomenal, so much for them to play with and learn. The reason why I chose Bridges Childcare for my daughter is because I found Corena to be patient, kind, organised and responsible. I am also impressed with the learning curriculum that she has set out for the children, and also the set-up of her daycare.
We are so grateful that our children had the benefit of being at Applewood for this last year. We always knew our children were safe and loved. You were thoughtful in creating new experiences and building their confidence. They will miss Ms. Corena, Ms. Ingrid and all their friends (and so will we!). Thank you!!
Kim, Gerald, Olivia and Gabriel
We can't begin to thank you enough for the role you have played in Annika's life over the last two years. You have created a warm, caring and welcoming daycare with Bridges and we feel so blessed to have been a part of it. We will miss you all so:)
Love Annika, Michelle, Dave and Carston
Our son Dylan Buksh has been attending Corena’s licensed in home day care since Sept of 2014, I knew this would be the perfect facility for my son, the center is very clean, organized, fun and exciting, there is a preschool learning program, healthy breakfast, daily schedule and routine, day trips and now the new addition of their own hatched chickens. Dylan had what we think of as severe separation anxiety, Corena and her team including her mom Ingrid were great and dealt with the screaming and crying with such compassion and attention. We highly recommend to anyone looking for a clean, SAFE and educational daycare. Thank you Bridges.
It is with great pleasure that I recommend Corena. She completed a practicum at my center in March and April 2012 and we have remained in good contact. Corena displayed a high degree of integrity, responsibility, and ambition. She is definitely a leader rather than a follower. In addition to her excellent drive as an ECE, she was able to build bonds with the children and staff and I am sure she will build great bonds with the children and families that she comes across in her career. We wish her all the best as she starts this new career. She is also a most dependable team player. Her good judgment and mature outlook ensure a logical and practical approach to her endeavors. Corena would be an asset to any organization, and I am happy to give her my wholehearted endorsement.
Thank-you so much for providing such a safe, caring, fun and educational environment for my child to grow in. The years at Bridges have been beneficial to both Sierra and I. It is bittersweet as we end this chapter and move on to Kindergarten. We will both miss you all, but we will make sure to keep in touch and visit.
I was, as most parents are, extremely nervous about leaving my daughter on her first day of daycare. However, Sharon and Corena made the transition feel so seamless for both my daughter and I. So much so, that by the second week, I was dropping Evie off earlier than I needed too in order to enjoy a kid-free coffee before work. I find myself grieving a little about leaving Bridges Childcare. I know Evie will miss it, but really I think it is me who will miss it the most. There is something so amazing about finding the perfect childcare for your child and that’s what Bridges was for me. I’m confident that I’ll measure every future childcare experience to the one we had at Bridges as a result.
Bridges Childcare and Learning Center is licensed as a multi-age program caring for 8 children between the ages of 10 months and 6 years. The mixed age group environment creates an atmosphere where children learn to help and be helped by other children, because they interact consistently with children whose age and abilities are varied. Children gain an appreciation for their achievement and the accomplishments of others, and are naturally challenged by the achievements of others.
Children have a natural curiosity and desire to explore and learn about the world around them and we believe that children should be allowed to work and progress according to their own interests and abilities. Our goal when building Bridges childcare and learning center was to create an environment that stimulates the child’s curiosity, provides endless opportunities for creation and imagination and simply put, is one of the happiest places for a child to come to. It’s a place that serves all of the developmental areas of a child’s being and builds upon them. A place where children are valued for their individuality and their true selves are fostered, loved and appreciated. A place where children can be children.
With an emphasise for outdoor play, we have prepared a bright and natural environment and backyard that exceeds anyones expectations of even a local park. In addition to the play yard, the children often navigate through the local trails and enjoy playing at the nearby park and forest.. Needless to say, a lot of time will be spent outdoors, playing, walking, laughing, and exercising our busy minds and bodies. Indoors, our day is divided into blocks of time, with activities ranging from free play, preschool, reading time, arts and crafts, special projects, eating, napping.Flexibility of the program is important as the needs of infants and toddlers are constantly changing and developing. A positive and happy staff, a trusting relationship between caregiver and the child, clean and well organized environment, room to play, indoors and outside, in a safe and stimulating home environment are all provided.Respect towards self, others and the environment will be emphasized..and finally, the most important priority is to have FUN!
Small Class Size
Bridges Childcare and Learning Center is dedicated to providing high quality childcare in a warm, loving, nurturing and stimulating environment, which encourages the child's natural curiosity and fosters independence, confidence and respect while guiding each child's individual development.Here, children spend as much of their day as possible outdoors, where they develop a sense of wonder and respect for their environment. Research shows that natural environments are an optimal context for early childhood development. They are more stimulating, less stressful, safer and healthier. Outdoor playtime has numerous benefits for children, including improved physical, mental, emotional, and psychological ability and well-being.Much of our summer's are spent gardening, planting vegetables, pulling weeds and eating the fruits of our labour, from apples, blueberries and plums to tomatoes, beans and so much more.Children’s growing minds and bodies benefit from healthy, primarily organic, local, seasonal foods. Play based -Child - first curriculum: We recognize that Play is an integral part of young children’s lives, and that being able to play, both alone and with others, is a hallmark of children’s healthy development. We also understand that play enhances children’s physical, social/emotional, and creative growth.
Generally, daily activities are arranged around nap times meals and snacks. An individualized daily program for each child recognizes their different needs and allows the youngest children to nap when they are tired, eat as they become hungry and play with the toys that interest them. As weather permits, outside activities, which take advantage of our large play yard, where tricycles and bike riding, climbing, sliding, water play, sports, gardening, running and other large muscle activities are encouraged. Painting, art materials and crayons are made available to the children. Puzzles and books encourage cognitive development. Lego, blocks and other toys invite construction. Musical instruments, CD’s, and musical toys encourage singing, dance and other rhythmic activities. A variety of dolls, soft stuffed animals, housekeeping furniture and cooking utensils lead to imaginative play while a variety of hats, dress-up clothes, costumes and puppets lead to dramatic play. Young children, toddlers and babies enjoy a structured schedule that allows for flexibility. A schedule helps the day to flow more smoothly, allows the children to anticipate the coming events, and aids in achieving a variety of goals. We will adhere to our written schedule to the best of our ability, keeping in mind that anything can happen when children are involved. There will be times when we have to make adjustments to the schedule.
- 7:30-8:30-The center opens at 7:30, when a nutritious breakfast is provided and served in the school room. By 8:00 we are cleaning up from our morning meal,welcoming more friends and ready to start the day.
- 8:30-9:30-This time is usually our art/educational component of the day. This could begin with circle time, which usually consisits of songs, stories, exercise and stretches, calendar, phonics and other special games or activities. From there we may work on a variety of worksheets and the children's preschool books, artwork and other special projects. Our program usually revolves around around a yearly schedule of holidays,letters of the week and seasons.
- 9:30-10:00-At this time we are ready for morning snack. We encourage the children to make healthy choices from their lunch so that there is a daily focus on health and nutrition. Then it is time for clean up and diapering.
- 10:00-10:30-We will spend the next 30 minutes in the gross motor room for free play. There, children have access to a large variety of toys, puzzles, blocks, dramatic play, and climbing equipment. We usually head outside by 10:00 when the weather is just too good to stay in.
- 10:00/10:30 - 11:30/12:00-Then it’s time for active play in our huge yard with a tree house and slides, rock pit and diggers, a variety of bikes, trikes, cars, scooters and wagons, basketball court and grass field, garden beds, honeybee house. and so much more. We will expose the children to activities such as gardening, water play, bubbles and outdoor painting, just to name a few.
- 11:30/12:00-1:00-Around noon, and sometimes earlier, it is time for toileting and washing hands, in preparation for lunch. Children are encouraged to feed themselves as much as possible, with fingers and a fork or spoon to foster independence and self-sufficiency. After lunch, it is time for clean up in preparation for nap time. Older children who need to rest, but do not nap, are allowed to watch 30 minutes of age appropriate television before everything dims down for quiet time. Younger children will sleep in cribs in the nap room, while older children will sleep or rest on their cots in the school room.
- 1:00-3:00-For the next 2 hours, children will nap or have quiet time. For older children who do not sleep, a quiet activity of their choice is available to them from 2:00-3:00. This could include reading a book or drawing.3:00-4:00-When the children awake from their naps, it is time for a snack. We will play in the school room until everyone is ready to transition outside for the last hour of the day.
- 4:00-5:00-Now the children will go play outside, or if the weather is not so nice, we will head to the gross motor room. where parents will begin to arrive. By 5:00 we have said our goodbyes and are closed for yet another busy day of play, learning, friendship and fun.